Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Compassion at the Soul Level


Compassion at the Soul Level

There is a story from the Essenes that speaks to Compassion at the Soul level. The one we know as Jesus, or Yesuah ben Joseph, was returning for one of his times of being alone in the desert and had stop at a well to quench his thirst. A woman all wrapped in the cloth of a leper approached him and requested he heal her. He responded that first he had two questions.
Yesuah, “Do you believe and I and the Father can heal you?”
Leper, “But of course I believe, I’ve seen you heal in the Father’s name.”
Yesuah, “What has your dis-ease taught you?”
Leper, “Nothing! How could it? I was born with it and cast out by my Mother and I was raised by other lepers who have all dies. Not even a dog will befriend me. No, I have learned nothing!”
Yesuah, “Since your dis-ease has not served you I shall leave it with you until it does.” And walked away.

That is the compassion of one who would channel sacred healing for another. I work with those whose Soul agrees to work with me and who consciously dive into embracing their own shadow, pain or dis-ease.

Blessed Be,
Jeremiah

1 comment:

Jeremiah said...

A response from another site:
Thank you, Jeremiah. A beautiful story/lesson for all healers.

Love,
Eve

PS Another story.

A teacher of mine form the Andes told me.

He was taught by his father, also a shaman, and became very succesful. People came from all over the world for healings. He could heal almost anything. Then, about 20 years later, he was seeing many repeat patients, and he began to trouble about his abilities in taking symptoms away. Returning to his father with his lament, his father said.

"Now, son, you are ready to begin healing. For now you know that at times the disease itself, even death, is the healing"


Love,
Eve